These two goat cheese sandwiches, plus a mayonnaise substitute, make a healthy, tasty lunch. Want to try something new? Given my new knowledge of the Blood Type diet, I’ve been trying new recipes – and creating some healthy lunch recipes like these two.
According to the recommendations for Blood Type O, goat cheese is beneficial, cow cheeses are not, hence these goat cheese sandwiches. The first also relies on my new mayonnaise substitute (mayo is not great for Os, olive oil is).
Goat Cheese/Red Pepper Sandwich
* this herb mixture contained onion, garlic, Mexican oregano, cumin, lemon peel, salt and black pepper
To make: Add your favorite herbed bread dip to a tablespoon of olive oil (you can make this in a larger batch and let sit so the flavors blend, it’s better that way)
Lightly toast your bread (I now only use sprouted breads such as Ezekiel). According to one study, toasting releases more of the nutrient in breads. But another study claims toasting, especially dark toasting, releases Acrylamide, you may want to click on this link for more on that.)
Brush your toast with the herbed olive oil
Spread goat cheese on the oiled bread
Add roasted red pepper, add romaine lettuce – close the sandwich. Yum.
Ingredients: bread of your choice, goat cheese, fig spread, roasted pumpkin seeds
Again, lightly toast your bread, spread one side with goat cheese, the other with fig spread, sprinkle the roasted pumpkin seeds on the fig spread (they stick better that way), put the sandwich together – and enjoy!
Recipes by Bojinka Bishop. October 2014.
- Solo Dinners: Treat Yourself Cereal for dinner? No way. You deserve a lovely meal. Cooking for yourself has many advantages. You can 1) eat what you really enjoy, without catering to other’s tastes, 2) save money, it’s cheaper than eating out or buying prepared foods, ...
- BB’s Banana Bread Bites Done anything creative in the kitchen lately? I highly recommend it – intentional or not. My invention last week was accidental, but it was still fun. I wanted to make banana bread but had no loaf pan. So I channeled a fix based on Elaine’s “muffin tops” (famous episode on...
- Some people surprise you – she makes homemade laundry soap. Here’s how After rebelling against mothers and grandmothers who lived “homemade” and embracing the consumer lifestyle, we’re returning to the simple life....
- Going back to the bar…… (soap, that is) Liquid soaps in their little plastic bottles may seem convenient. They don’t dribble their suds or coagulate in a soap dish. But they have at least two huge drawbacks. Going back to the bar can solve a couple of big problems....
- Earth Day Ideas for Everday – Going back to the bar To celebrate Earth Day everyday, Flying High Solo is republishing this article from the archives on problems, both for the environment and possibly for you, from using liquid facial and bath soaps. Going back to the bar is one of many Earth Day ideas that can help you be earth-friendly...
FlyingHighSolo.comCelebrating special people, good ideas, and useful actions
Keep on top of what's new – subscribe to Flying High Solo! You'll get a brief email alerting you to new articles. (Your email is safe -- we will not share it with anyone).
What readers are saying
"amazing variety of topics"
"an intelligent, strong, creative, eclectic approach .... that we don't get a chance to read everyday"
"very cool and intelligent"
Bella DePaulo's blog for Psychology Today, "the truth about singlism..." News, analysis, facts, and stories about being single in America
Enjoy these stories? Contribute
Your support can help keep the articles coming. Please donate to help cover web and interview expenses. Thank you for your support!
$5, $10, or ____.
Either send a check to:
Flying High Solo.com
P.O. Box 221712
Denver, CO 80222
Or use PayPal